How do we get members to interact with the website?

Home Forums General Chatter How do we get members to interact with the website?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Pengelly
    Keymaster

I am trying to get some ideas on how to get the group members to interact with the website.

All ideas gratefully received.

Knotty
    Participant

David
    Potentially a snail mail shot to all members advising use of this site. For some reason, yet to be explored, my notification of posts and emails has stopped.

Just by the date of your post, and the first response (me), suggests something is amiss with other members

Si

David Pengelly
    Keymaster

Hi Si,
    Agreed in essence I will look into the notification just check you have subscribed to each forum.
    David

Jeff Pope
    Participant

Hi David, Yes, as Si says, Its the same with me.. I don’t get any notifications either.
    I only came to this because of the email I had from you saying I had been added to some Microsoft group.

(Yet to understand what that is or how it works as there is no link to anything in the email !!)

While I am here though, I noted the Biker Down event and have booked a place on here..
    a, the “seat” thing doesn’t work so I put a note in the “comments” to say how many seats I wanted.
    b, it says to book via the website, which is a little confusing. Do you mean there is another website somewhere to register, I.E Fire service, Devon County or somewhere else, or just here on this DSAR page.. ?

Regards,

Jeff.

Dan Mawer
    Participant

Hi Dave I think the main issue is that the website doesn’t update members automatically of any new posts or forum topics. Only if you are subscribed to a topic will you be notified of a response to a post.
    I don’t know the answer, but it’s got to be system related. Other groups don’t have this issue.
    Good luck in resolving. I tried and never got to a workable solution.
    Cheers
    Dan

Alan.Goran
    Participant

I believe in social media. Do we have a facebook page? Very happy to setup one.

I am actively looking to promote our group to the wider community specially those people who want to gain advance certificate to help out with Blood bikes.

Dan Mawer
    Participant

Hi Alan, I’ve commented on your other post referencing Facebook
    There is a DSAR Facebook group already set up. There was also, previously a page a page, but not all members used facebook or wanted to. It was believed that the forum should be the central point for communication.
    Maybe the new committee will find the solution.
    Good luck
    Dan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.